Saturday, December 4, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Recession Survival Tips For Online Businesses – http://bit.ly/d4x3BD
How to Build Momentum in Your Business – http://bit.ly/cATZUl
7 Ways to Stop Overthinking Big Decisions – http://bit.ly/9IJoWd
The True Values of Leadership – http://bit.ly/9dKWb1
The Secret to Highly Effective Facebook Pages – http://bit.ly/9oq0rs
Five New Tools for Maximizing Facebook – http://bit.ly/aJgc0N
Should You Be the Brand? http://bit.ly/dosarv
Idiot’s Guide: Marketing Catch Phrases – http://bit.ly/9LOB93
Do-It-Yourself Market Research – http://bit.ly/a8jgwP
21 Market Research Tips – http://bit.ly/ctqfyE
In Defense Of A/B Testing – http://bit.ly/d7uLop
Business Tools I Could Not Live Without – http://bit.ly/b8xnXA
How to Show Your Clients That You’re Serious – http://bit.ly/9j8Zdp
How to Make Designs That Your Clients Will Love http://bit.ly/cbhsFm
Can a Freelance Designer Compete with Bigger Agencies – http://bit.ly/d6OVDU
4 Ways To Get More Freelance Work – http://bit.ly/cjftpa
Ten Laws to Design By – http://bit.ly/czg1Iu
Stop Designing Aesthetics, Start Designing Emotions – http://bit.ly/cbQaKG
Designing for the Mind – http://bit.ly/dwauh1
How to Make Your Designs Universally Appealing – http://bit.ly/aivBnE
The Web Design Community Offers Advice To Beginners – http://bit.ly/dshMQY
How Limitations Improve Design – http://bit.ly/beK9qV
A Design Is Only As Deep As It Is Usable – http://bit.ly/cOK7vQ
Fidelity in Design – http://bit.ly/a3pGIF
Design Trends – The Ribbon – http://bit.ly/c5f9x8
A Practical Guide to Designing with Faces – http://bit.ly/93zhw1
12 Logo Design Mistakes To Avoid – http://bit.ly/9JfOxY
How to Present Your Logo Designs – http://bit.ly/cwsjPZ
How to Properly Format and Deliver a Logo – http://bit.ly/cUqyTH
Logo Design Process Tutorial – http://bit.ly/amFuzJ
20 Logo Design Processes – http://bit.ly/9vEkob
20 Ways to Improve Your Web Design Skills – http://bit.ly/bxiYzp
Photoshop Web Design Layout Tutorials from 2010 – http://bit.ly/cz70
10 Underused Html Elements, and how to use them – http://bit.ly/donYBi
10 Great Tips for Writing Better CSS – http://bit.ly/8XrHZw
Learning to Code for the Web – http://bit.ly/aINiyO
40 Brilliant CSS3 Techniques and Tutorials – http://bit.ly/a4tgCX
Designing Killer Help Pages – http://bit.ly/an3kn7
Creating Impact With Photographic Backgrounds On The Web http://bit.ly/bwMCtC
Free Wireframing Kits, UI Design Kits, PDFs and Resources – http://bit.ly/bEKX8A
5 WordPress Frameworks to Jump-start Your Theme Designs http://bit.ly/ceIkt1
Beginner’s Guide to the Thematic Framework for WordPress – http://bit.ly/aWmJk7
6 Reasons to Choose Magento E-Commerce Platform – http://bit.ly/9iESGm
Designing Microsites: Factors To Consider http://bit.ly/dcbJe9
Miscellaneous Design Resources
40 Metal Textures for Designers http://bit.ly/cSmK6v
800+ Must Have HQ Textures Images – http://bit.ly/ad4QPi
UX Design: What it is, What it Takes & Where it’s Going – http://bit.ly/dohjyJ
Best Printing and Prepress Articles – http://bit.ly/9SXuAk
A Handy Guide to Image Resolutions in Print Design – http://bit.ly/9gIbpC
Design a Print-Ready Beer Label in Adobe Illustrator – http://bit.ly/ceytxP
How to Take Extraordinary Photographs, Part 1 – http://bit.ly/duFMf8
60+ useful 3D Adobe Illustrator tutorials – http://bit.ly/aug3dN
How to Design a Web Banner That Stands Out – http://bit.ly/cgzYpd
29 principles for making great font combinations http://bit.ly/bOvPQn
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
* Get set up in minutes
* See all your accounts in one place
* Set and track your budgets & achieve your goals
* Find hundreds of dollars in personalized savings
* Stay safe and secure...and it's free!
Friday, September 17, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
Check it out.
Hope its useful for someone.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Sitting in the office today and having too much time on my hand due to deactivating y Facebook and Orkut accounts yesterday, i was wondering what can i do with so much time. I browsed all the site i follow, read about all the cool gadgets being launched, the world news and still its just 10 AM.
I have no one to buzz from my huge list of friends, i have the IM still but that is not where i used to WASTE a greater part of the day. Was i addicted to facebook, was it even worth spending so much time on the stupid so called social-networking site, which if you think deeply is a eAntiSocial site.
We sit on the machine all day long, adding friends, poking them, sending messages, updating our status and commenting on our friends status, but out of that how many of them do we actually know, how many of them do we actually met in person, even once in a week/ month/year.
Isn't it strange that instead of actually meeting them in person, hanging out with them talking to them, people are addicted to sit at there systems and talk to them electronically. I have seen people staying together as roommate sitting in there own rooms and chatting on the FB comments, not even that i have even seen husband/wive doing the same even thought they are in the same house, moreover int he same room.
I am not against the social networking, cause there are good things to this, as i see people meeting long lost friends in foreign lands after many year, getting to know how they are doing and getting a chance to get back in touch with them, but apart from that i don't see any major benefit of such site. it a mere waste of time and effort. If you still done agree with what i am saying, try to analyze that you had a good life before you decided to create a profile on the site and even now what are the advantageous of being an active user on them; i will say nothing, nothing at all. thought there are advantages of being on site like linkedin where we get connected to people professionally, help in our career path, look for new positions and also get to know about the new technologies and methodologies in use these days, which is positive and highly recommended.
i got this image of Internet and it do remember me of some of the incidents that happened with me and the people i know who
and i like this image in particular cause i have seen people fight on things like,
grl: i poked you yesterday. Why don't you poke back. You don't like me anymore?
Si it, are you seeing someone else.
and in some conditions like,
Girl: why do you have to like or comment on all the updated by that "random" girl, and why does she does the same with you, is there something going on ?
So i will say F FB. Watch the video!!!
And finally the Social networking disorder, please be careful!!! don't get under its spell.
Abhishek Likes!!! (LOL)
UPDATE: Also not to forget the privacy concers from the social networkign sites that we have to bear with, you can read about those here:
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
The first man had married a woman from New Delhi , and bragged that he had told his wife she was going to do all the dishes and house cleaning.
He said it took a couple days but on the third day he came home to a clean house and the dishes were done.
The second man had married a woman from Bombay .
He bragged that he had given his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes and the cooking.
On the first day he didn't see any results, but the next day it was better. By the third day, his house was clean, the dishes were done and he had a huge dinner on the table.
The third man had married a Punjabi girl. He boasted that he told her that her duties were to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed and hot meals on the table for every meal.
He said the first day he didn't see anything, the second day he didn't see anything but by the third day most of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye.
Monday, April 19, 2010
1.) University elections become more important than MLA, MC elections (SOPU, PUSU bruuahh)
2.) Explaining Gehri to outsiders becomes a tough task
3.) 'Uphill' can only be understood by you
4.) You always have a 'pind' to goto every month
5.) Kaimbwala requires no further defining
6.) You always have a separate budget (after buying a car) for bigger tyres, alloy wheels, stereo, woofer
7.) Shopping in guys' vocabulary refers to buying daru from Jugnu Ahata and soda, glasses from any confectionery
8.) Names like Neelam, Nirman, Kiran, Jagat, Batra, Piccadily aren't just names but entertainment centres
9.) Car-o-bar refers to drinking with glasses on the dickey of the car in sector 8 market late at night
10.) Paranthe wale are the chefs who come out late at night at sector 16 to make paranthe and chai for late night partygoers
11.) Abbreviations like GCG, MCM mean a lot without knowing their full forms
12.) Guys speak in loud Punjabi when a group of girls passes by and girls start speaking in English everytime a group of guys passes by
13.) The city seems too slow and dead and everyone heads to Delhi
14.) The traffic cops start the challan drive in the last week of March to end the year in good numbers
15.) Everyone has a 'massi' in Canada, and a 'bhua' in UK
16.) Once upon a point Valentine's Day meant tractors on Gehri route and speeds of only 5 km/h
17.) A new year's bash is incompete without a fight
18.) Any party is incomplete without a fight
19.) Everyone has some political connection
20.) Stu C is more popular with non students
21.) You are proud of being from a particular school and a passive member of its alumni group (YPS, Vivek, Sna, GNPS, Carmel, SJOBA etc.)
22.) Going to the dog show means checking out the girls more than the dogs
23.) Owning a Bullet while still in school is an achievement
24.) Spending upto Rs 2 lacs on number 1 for a car's number plate does not raise any eyebrows
25.) Kinetic Hondascooter is referred to as Kiney and Bullet bike as Bullt
26.) You are proud of being a Punjabi
27.) 'Mallo Malli Khadak Piyan' sticker is found on many cars
28.) Guys are called by their surnames, (Brar, Sidhu bai, Dhillon) and followed by "Kiven aa, Kidaan!!"
29.) 22g, 62 is only understood by you
30.) You are shocked to find out when someone doesn't drink and is a vegetarian
31.) Many ppl are 'vella' when asked what they do
32.) Everyone's been to the Rock Garden and hate to show it yet again to family friends/relatives from other cities
33.) One hand, while driving, is on the 'muchh' and the other on the steering wheel
34.) Everybody knows everybody
35.) Every new party place has the same old faces
36.) A new car, bike etc. first comes to the Gehri route n later to the gurudwara or mandir
37.) Coke and Pepsi come in small 'Sheeshee'
38.) Your every sentence has a " Ma Di" or "Bhen Di"
39.) Anyone and Everyone has had food at "Pal Da Dhaba" and "Giani Da Dhaba (Dharampur)"
40.) Desi Ahatas are officially called "TAVERNS"
41.) Everyone has heard the song "Chandigarh kare aashiqui" by B21
42.) Bikers are challaned even if the pillion rider is not wearing a helmet and girls are allowed to ride without one.
43.) While in school everyone waits for tuition time to finally talk to the special person (not in a uniform)
44.) Panchkula and Mohali-ites don't mind being called as Chandigarhians
45.) Very few ppl know about the Mosque in sector 20 and the Church in sector 18
46.) Most ppl have been challaned more than once (for speeding mostly)
47.) ... And most ppl have gone to the district courts in sector 17 to get their challans cleared (as it is cheaper than paying the fine at sector 29 police lines)
48.) A good lookin car turns more heads than a pretty girl
49.) English speaking girls are usually referred to as "yankan" or "jhankan"
50.) The "Gehri-on-foot" (à la sector 35 CCD lane, sector 17) becomes more popular
51) Friends often call up their counterparts (On the last evening) in the morning to ask.....Yaar , kal ki hoya si, roti khadi si???????????
52) Friends get too emotional after drinks and start telling each other......Yaar tu mera phra hai. Main tainu bahut pyaar kardan han.
53) People often get up in the morning and discover some bruises on their body parts but cannot recall where and when they fell the previous night
54) Thekas/ Wine shops open at 7:00 A.M.
55) Guys give direction of a location like this : Yaar, unni da theka dekhia hai, bas uthon khabe passe dua ghar hai.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
You know you are from Delhi when...
1. You have faced power-cuts up to 10hours a day!
And yet, its no big deal for you.
2. Even though the hottest party spot/pub in town says "Admit Over 18, Drinks over 25" You have been inside and have enjoyed a beer, being underage.
3. Living in the most posh colonies, you get to hear, "Aloo, Bhindi Pyaaz, Tamatar le loo"... And you hear women asking the vegetable vendor "Bhaiyaa aapne free dhaniya nehi diya!" [Even with Half a kilo Carrot]
4. You have Driven rash and Broken Signals more times than you can count. Doesnt matter whether you have a license or not. :P
5. Every teenager knows atleast one "ghunda" on whose name he can jump around all day.
6. You have seen your relative or family member bribing a policeman at-least once.
7. You have been to Big Chill at-least once.
8. When a car accident occurs, instead of solving the problem quietly, either one of the drivers would start with.. "B******, meri gadi maar di, ab tu ruk, mein teri marta hoon" or something kinda.
9. In the 90's you have been to India Gate and around 2000-2002 you have been to Ansal Plaza more times than you can count.!
10. Mocha,CCD,Barista,Hookah,24x7 are like your favorite hangouts.
11. You just love socializing.
12. You speak or hear the word "setting" or "jugad" at-least once a day.
13. When you stare at a school bus, you see students talking of the phone, care free OR Chilling out listening songs on the Ipod. :P
14. A meter working in a Auto - Miracle! And hear statements like..
# Gas nahi hai
# Gaadi waapis dene ka time ho gaya
# Wahan se waapis ki sawaari nahi milti
# Wahan jaam (traffic jam) mein kaun fasega
15. All guys have at-least been to Pallika bazar and they all know why. Well, even the girls are starting now.
16. This is the place when you actually feel like slapping the same traffic policeman who caught you yesterday... Because today he's on his bike without a helmet or talking on the phone...
17. Qutub Minar, Red Fort, Lotus Temple are just for tourist. You havnt been to more than two of these.
18. You are bored of looking at the LONG queues at the CNG stations! And yeah. It add's up to the traffic.
19. You have an example of Delhi being unsafe for women after Midnight. And now even for men.
20. You wont be surprised if you find some old lady bargaining at a SALE.
21. Young or Old, You have played street football in the rains and have ended up breaking some glass. :P
22. You first abused real bad when you were around 10 years old.
23. Your Dad's really good friends with at least one Public Figure.
24. Library is virtually non-existent unless you go to British council or American Library or Max Mueller Bhavan
25. Deepavali means every house is illuminated to such an extent that you wonder if its a competition of illlumination and cracker bursting is so continuous that it is diffiult to imagine one moment of silence on Diwali.
26. You have had the most RANDOM plans. Like reaching for a movie show which starts at 1pm, at 12:55pm and just hoping that gods left some tickets for you and your friends.
27. You have been warned by your parents at-least once that going at public places like Malls, isnt safe, Cuz there might just a BOMB in that place.
28. You've had a ride on the cycle rickshaw - have haggled over the price but pity the rickshaw wallas' condition.
29. You glare at people who call Gol-Guppa's- Pani Puri!
And you always ask the vendor "Bhaiya yeh Gol-Guppe Aate ki hai ya Sooji ke?"
30. If in school, Your conti got busted by cops, teachers or a combination of both.
31. You've had school cancelled due to cold, summer vacations preponed due to heat and have atleast thrice evacuated your school building after tremors.
32. You've hit 120 kmph at Nelson Mandela Marg.
And after crossing it, you might end up saying " FEEL AA GAYE". OR, You have raced up the DND and taken the U turn back.
33. You have been to a wedding in a Mehrauli farmhouse and have hit Nasha later on.
34. You have taken the 10 rupee Call Center cab/ Qualis from anywhere to Gurgaon/Noida.
35. You have seen a child with crutches begging on the Red Light RUN fast when the light turns green!
36. Almost every Delhi-ite understands Punjabi to an extent. May he belong to any region. PUNJABI unites everyone :P
37. You call the waiter in the restaurant "boss" & tack on "yaar"/ "bhai" to almost every sentence.
38. Rajender Da Dhaba's got better chicken than Taj. :P You've atleast tried it once! And you just might see a BMW, a Porsche OR a Peugeot parked outside it!
39. You have surely heard of "Chor Bazar" but never been there.
40. You use the word and have described practically every other person on the planet as "Vella".
41. 'KAROBAR' = 'Car-O-Bar' i.e. drinking in the car....Hell yeah! thats what we live for! :P
42. You often see Middle Aged Aunties wearing Gucci shades and holding LV bags having Gol-Gappas in GK (Near Prince Pan) or Bhelpuri in South Ex along with Diet Coke !
43. Miranda house and CJM are two places where u'll see people from different school/colleges hang out.
44. In the 90s, movie at Chankaya, momos at Yashwant Place and Hot Choc Fudge at Nirula's = ULTIMATE Fun.
45. School students here, have gone to school, soo early in the morning, it being Dark!..REAL Dark And you've attended those 3am GROUP tuition's during your boards!
Haha.. Spookky! Lol.
46. Almost every Delhite has witnessed a DTC bus brawl turning into street fight.. Yet fun! OR the DTC bus overspeeding/breaking traffic rules/ or disc breaking.
47. You have probably been to Gurudwara Bangla Sahib @ 4 in the morning. Or even at 6 'cuz you were out on a day-bunk!
48. When everyone from the Auto Driver, Vegetable Vendor, Grocery Store guy, Watch-man, Salesperson to just any 'guy' is referred to here as 'Bhaiya'
49. You refer to East Delhi as Jamuna ke Us Paar.
50. You refer to AIIMS as Medical.
51. You dont buy tickets for a music concert or cricket match, but try to take the help of your friend's Dad, who happens to be the PA to the under secretary of the deputy secretary of the chief secretary of the Minister of State for Khadi.
52. You overtake everyone from the wrong side and stare into his/her eyes while doing so.
53. You call Gurgaon & NOIDA as illegitimate cousins of Delhi!
54. Most of you have at least two cars; your drivers have scooters and mobiles.
55. As soon someone tells you abut an important political development, you whip out your mobile and whisper into it as if you have access to the Prime Minister's OFFICE!
56. You know that a famhouse has nothing to do with cattle or farming.
57. You used "contacts" for everything, from getting movie tickets to restaurant bookings to playschool admissions.
58. You didn't find 'Monsoon Wedding' funny. And Laughed your ass off when you watched 'Dilli 6'
59. You've probably used the word 'Tota' to describe ANY Random-Hot-Chick that just passed by! 'Phew!
60. You have had Anda parantha outside Vikram hotel and Bun Omelet at Dhaula Kuan at least once!
61. When Aunties go to drop their kids to the Bus-Stop in a Night Gown with a Duppatta.
62. When you think EVERY South Indian comes from 'Madras'. No Offense.
63. When you have an uncle in every SARKARI department!
64. When If your side of the road has a traffic jam, then you start driving on the wrong side of the road.
65. You think If there is a queue of many people, no one will notice me sneaking into the front as long as I am looking the other way.
66. You feel, If I indicate which way I am going to turn my vehicle, it is an information security leak.
67. When the only time you went to the Chidiya Ghar (Zoo) was on a school picnic.
68. One of your favorite yummiest ice-creams was "ORANGE - BAR"
69. You have been stuck in 'Nariana' due to the traffic for over 4 hours! 'Phew!
70. When you feel lucky enough to have around 10 LOCAL FM STATIONS! Woho.!
71. When you wonder... 'Ki Delhi Mein passes chapwane ki kya zarurat hai? Yahan Sab to VVIP hai!'
72. As a college student (DU or otherwise), u've been to one of those day parties (12-5pm) at a happening disc for Rs.200.
73. You see like a million kids playing cricket together on one field on any given sunday morning .. There are wickets every 10 feet .. and u've seen at least one guy get whacked by a ball from sum other match.
74. You long for rain but the moment you're on the road you wish it would go away.
75. When you have enjoyed stuff from -"Aangan" restaurant in Karol bagh.. wahan ke chhole bhature ultimate! & 'Atul Chat Bhandar' some where around India gate.
76. When you've been on a sneak with your buddies and ended up going to Pandara Road @ 2am when you were 'effin hungry!
77. Your pet line - "Kya scene hai aaj ka?"
78. You've had Ice Creams from India gate along with family/friends in the late evening & and have tried at least ONCE - "Lovely Chuski"
79. You've seen 'cool' people drive around in a Maruti 800 (borrowed from your Dad or a friend) with Western/Pop music blaring at its loudest from the the car stereo altough you hardly understand the lyrics yourself.
80. Almost anyone exept a Delhi-ite is a "Chutiya".
81. DESPITE of all the goods and bads.
You still Love Delhi. =]